• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Wing hardware question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC58374

Flying is a miracle.
Reaction score
I tried searching the forum for previous posts but couldn't find any. I am assembling all of the hardware and pieces so that I may begin assembly of my left wing and when I look at the Wing Assembly parts list out of the Piper book near the end of the list there is a part no. 750 717 "Set of bolts, nuts, and hardware for wing panels-internal" and part no. 750 260 "Set of bolts, nuts, and hardware for wing panel-external". I can't find a list of what these actually included. Is it the hardware listed directly below these two?

Next question, I need new leading and trailing edges for the wings as well as false spars. The part no. called out on the Piper list for leading edge is: 750 449 "leading edge cover". Looks like it was originally delivered as flat stock that the mechanic would contour when it was time to assemble it. Univair has a part no. CSI-1035 for positions 1-3 listed for the wood spar wing. Do these three pieces substitute for the three pieces with the Piper part no. 750-449?

Question 3:
It appears that Univair's wingtips (part no. U15723-000 & -001) are one piece rather than the top and bottom pieces on the originals. The J3 wing assembly drawing shows that the wingtip cover is comprised of two top pieces and one bottom piece on each wing. Does the Univair tip cover replace all three of those?

Question 4:
I cannot find the reinforcement material. Piper part no.'s 15662-00, 15672-00, and 15682-00. Where do you source this and what does it look like?

Thank you for all the help. These pieces are expensive and I don't want to buy anything I don't need.

Latest posts

Back