• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

william rasmussen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
31065 from a $500 basket case to flying in 1987. I had a 0145 lycoming for 25 years. New parts are hard to come by. Put on two reconditioned heads last year and they installed used valves becuase new ones were not available. Flying home from Oskosh, with my 12 year old in the front seat, swallowed a valve after 14 hours on one of those heads. Just happened to be over Dewight airport so landed uevenfully just could not taxi. I took a continental A65 core and put new milleniam cylinders and sent everything else to aircraft specialties and the case to divco. You wonder why cubs cost so much just build up an engine and you will see why. You would think after 25 years the excitment would fade but it hasn't yet. Thanks for a great web site.
Regards,
Bill Rasmussen

cub-310650002.jpg

Latest posts

Back