• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Which way do you park in winds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which way do you park in a wind?

• Nose into the wind

• Tail into the wind

Results are only viewable after voting.

flynlow

Reaction score
Might should have taken a poll, but have never used that feature. I was curious as to how you park your cub in winds. Say at a flyin or when you are out having that $100 hamburger. If I remember correctly the POH says that you are to park tail into the wind and allow the elevator to hang down. Knowing the high angle of attack that the cub sits at, this makes sense to me. But I dont know of any other high wing that parks that way, and have seen many a cub park the traditional "into the wind" way. I'd like to know thoughts and practices of fellow cub drivers.

I hate pulling up at my local flyin breakfast spot and parking opposite of all the other planes and looking like I dont know what I am doing, or having to explain it to everyone there.

Latest posts

Back