• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Wheel Pants & Bungee Covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cub Rookie

Reaction score
I recently saw photos of a clipped wing cub with wheel pants and supercub style bungee covers (don't think it was an experimental)... I really like the look of these mods and was wondering if anyone could provide some information on making these changes. I have 6" Clevelands on my '40 Cub but it currently has the larger 6x8 tires. I am willing to change the tires to allow installation of the pants...and to my knowledge either tire is allowed as part of the wheel STC. Can the pants be installed as a field approval (337) or is there an STC required/available? And what about the bungee covers? I know that the covers are available for sale but how would I approve the installation of them?

Also ... does anyone know of a decent fuel gage out there that doesn't cost $70? I have the original cork float gage and it is a piece of junk. The cork has been sealed but still obsorbs fuel over time and sinks to the bottom of the tank. Accurate fuel indication is somewhat important! Does anyone make a fuel indicator with a brass or plastic float? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I ordered new shoulder harnesses from W-A while I was in Lakeland. Should have them in a few days and will start the installation. The message board was very helpful in my decision to make this modification.

Thanks for any assistance !

Latest posts

Back