• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

What percentage of J3's and SuperCubs are registered in Alaska?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
I got curious about this, because most of the postings on this site are from folks in the lower 48 states Alaska, while a majority of the posts on SuperCub.org are from folks in Alaska or who lived in Alaska for long periods.

I researched the FAA registry, counted J3's, all sorts, all HPs, floats and land. Shows 166 J3's registered in Alaska, and total of 5504 nationwide.
Only 3.02% of US registry J3's are registered in Alaska.

I then counted all types of PA-18's, including a few with Piper-[someone] as manufacture.
There are 1466 SuperCubs registered in Alaska, and a total of 4344 nationwide. This shows that 33.75% of US registry Piper SuperCubs are registered in Alaska.

Don't know what this means; I guess it confirmed my guess about the supercubs, but I was surprised how few J3's there are in Alaska.

Thanks to everyone who writes the interesting, informative and sometimes funny articles on J3-Cub.com.
Happy New Year.

Latest posts

Back