• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

What bolts hold the Vee Cabane?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynlow

Reaction score
OK, I have already looked in the parts manual, and while it shows a bolt in the cabane, it does not reference it. While in annual, I noted that the bolt that holds the "Vee" to the bottom of the fuslage was broken (the head of the bolt was sticking out about a quarter inch). Twisted the head and the back did not spin. I unloaded the gear and sure enough it slipped right out. When I inspected the opposite side, it looks to be bent a little. I have no idea how old these bolts are, or how long they have been this way (worn...I know the broken one has not been that way). At any rate they have to be replaced and I need to know the right bolt (I suspect the bolts in there were not the right ones) The broken one broke right where the threads stop, and this was well inside the tube...I would have thought that the threaded part should be outside of the tube and shear load.
Anyone out there have any idea where I can get the right bolt info?

Latest posts

Back