• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Wanted J3 Fuselage. their is a reason I call myself Crash

Crash593

Reaction score
Looking for a J3 Fuselage so that I can get my project off the ground :)

sar47

Reaction score
Hey Crash,
Sounds like this could be interesting, How did you get the name crash?
-Scott

Crash593

Reaction score
It's a long story but I used/still do own what is left of a J3C 65 with a (90) HP continental. On Edo 1320s No nose tank 2 wing tanks 1/2 full. I was giving neighbor a ride who weighs 370Lbs witch put me a little over weight. I should have him sat in the front seat. Did quite a bit of damage to the fuselage and when the wrecker pulled it out of the lake while I was in the hospital he went and cut the wing spars with a sawzall. So I am looking for a fuselage and wing spars and a few ribs.

[email protected]

Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was giving neighbor a ride who weighs 370Lbs witch put me a little over weight.

Well Crash, your aircraft is configured very close to my C-90 on floats (two wing tanks). My useful load is 358 pounds. I would be reluctant to publicly advertise figures that clearly put the aircraft that much over gross. You never know who may be on line. Opinion Gary

jimmy

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
. "Did quite a bit of damage to the fuselage and when the wrecker pulled it out of the lake while I was in the hospital he went and cut the wing spars with a sawzall. "
Damn idiot. Sure did make alot of extra work for you.

Crash593

Reaction score
I was giving neighbor a ride who weighs 370Lbs witch put me a little over weight.

Well Crash, your aircraft is configured very close to my C-90 on floats (two wing tanks). My useful load is 358 pounds. I would be reluctant to publicly advertise figures that clearly put the aircraft that much over gross. You never know who may be on line. Opinion Gary

Crash593

Reaction score
It really dosen't matter anymore who reads it already been through the NTSB questions and answers.

DanaL

Reaction score
I would think the aircraft was damned near totalled just getting someone that big in and out.

David Johnson

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of us would be interested in the long story, if you feel like writing.

Latest posts