• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

WANTED: C85-12F OIL COOLER BLOCKOFF PLATE, MOH HARDWARE & GASKET KIT

cubflyer2

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a oil cooler blockoff plate for my c85-12f engine. Also best place to buy
major overhaul engine hardware and gasket kit.

Thanks

cubdriver2

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a oil cooler blockoff plate for my c85-12f engine. Also best place to buy
major overhaul engine hardware and gasket kit.

Thanks
I have seen the blockoff plate on ebay a few times and I like Robert Weber for my C engine parts, he doesn't do plastic but he will take your check, he has a small ad in the back pages of TAP check the advertisers index on the front page, I've delt with him for 15 years he's small time mom & pop and reasonably priced. 559 275 3403 he may even have a blockoff plate.

Glenn

PS if you get a used plate lap it before you use it ::) :-[

fizz55

NC38437
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DO you have any pics on this oil cooler installation??? I didnt know about any oil cooler on Cub 85 hp

cubdriver2

Reaction score
If you have the room why not put the oil filter on instead of the block off plate.

Glenn

skipster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glenn, why would want to put a cooler on a j-3? Around here the problem is getting the oil temp up With my J-3 in the summer I was lucky to see 160 on a warm summer day with the C-90. Also you would have to butcher up the cowling cutting it for clearance on the cooler.

cubdriver2

Reaction score
Glenn, why would want to put a cooler on a j-3? Around here the problem is getting the oil temp up With my J-3 in the summer I was lucky to see 160 on a warm summer day with the C-90. Also you would have to butcher up the cowling cutting it for clearance on the cooler.
Skippy, who said anything about an oil cooler, we are talking about the 3 holed blockoff cover that goes on where the oil cooler or filter would have bolted to the -12 accessory case

Glenn

skipster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry Glenn, I didn't read it close enough. Even if you put the filter on you still have to cut the cowling for clearance. Tried it on Toms and took it back off, he didn't want to cut the cowling.

Renkou1

Reaction score
Was the oil filter you would have to cut the cowling for a F & M model TAF-L? I sure like filtering oil...not cutting cowlings. Thank you in advance.