• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

WagAero Wing tank on eBay

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the W company's wing tanks are reputed to be too tall to fit within the wing. Anybody know for sure?
JimC

longwinglover

Reaction score
Yes, smaller (7 gal? ), are too tall.

It's as if someone traced around the outside of a rib, then cut on the outside of that line for the sides of the tank. Then the top and bottom were attached above and below the sides.

Brand "W" - everything not quite right.

John Scott

pat bowers

Reaction score
We just completed the tank installation on a L-4 we are restoring (wag tank 11 gal) it actually fit quite well. kind of tight between the ribs but not to tall. The construction of the tank was very well done, Pat at Texas Sport

Jackson

Reaction score
I have the wag aero 11.5 gallon tanks installed in the wings of my 46 J3. They seem to fit well with no problem.
Jackson

N

NC1776

Not being a fan of the big W I do have to admit after about a couple dozen installations they fit fine enough. Have always been able to use some shim material to space them exactly where I needed them and always put the dress backing on top to make it look nice. When I was building tanks made them 1/4 flatter but only someone really critical would ever see the differance. Hey they are Cubs not Thunderbirds.

Latest posts