• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

VNE 122 why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L4Tom

Reaction score
Most if not all J3 based cubs have a VNE established at 122mph. The 122 mph / 106kts is listed on the TC 691. I have heard the origin of this speed limit was due to the windshield I don't know if that is fact or fiction. I do know early cubs had thinner windshields of three piece design. I have an experimental AB Cub that I would like to establish a higher than 122 vne. Yes I know as builder I have options , I prefer to proceed with caution based on knowledge and procedure. Can anyone share experience operating at higher than 122? Can anyone shed light on the actual limiting factor for using the 122 value? For what it's worth I think my vne testing is the most concerning of all flight testing Thanks Tom

Latest posts

Back