• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Tube and Fabric Rebuild Seminar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Reaction score
I’ve finally narrowed my choices for a rebuild. It’s either going to be a modified J-3, PA-11, or PA-18-90 on floats.

The main thing that kept me from proceeding has been a lack of knowledge about costs, time, pitfalls, options, necessary skills, sources of supply, engines, techniques, and so on. The last thing I want to do is get bogged down part way through a rebuild because I walked blindly into a project. In talking to fellow pilots it turns out that many of you have the same interests and concerns.

I’ve been in touch with Clyde Smith (known as the Cub Doctor) from Lock Haven,PA. He used to work in the Piper factory, presently rebuilds Cubs for resale and travels the country putting on three day seminars in all aspects of tube and fabric rebuilds.

I spoke to him recently and he’s willing to put on a presentation in Western NY if there’s enough interest.

The purpose of this notice is to try to determine the level of interest out there. Please let me know if this sounds like something you might be interested is. This is in no way a commitment. If there is a significant level of interest I will work on a location, time (aiming for spring or early summer), find out the cost and get back to you asking if it works for you and requesting a down payment to hold a spot. Let me know by ASAP if you can.

It's possible you have other pilots in your address book from the NE who might like to know about this. Even if you’re not interested, please forward this note so it gets the widest possible exposure.

Thanks,

Carl Miller

PS this note also been sent to the Supercub site.

Latest posts

Back