• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Trade Wanted-This will be a Great Deal for Someone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy critter

Reaction score
I have a J3L-65 Cub and I will consider trading my entire firewall forward which includes the cowling which is in fair to better condition.A complete O-145-B2 Lycoming engine with all accessories that runs great and has good compressions. I also have an extra gasket set as well as two complete exhaust systems...one straight and one stock with muffler. I don't have a heat muff for the stock exhaust but I do have an extra set of 2 into 1's for the stock system. Also included is the engine mount and prop.The prop is a Sensenich 69/44 in fair but safe servicable condition.Engine logs go back to 1950. Engine log shows it has 500+/- since major overhaul but the guy I bought it from said it had a major done in the mid 1990's just before the IA who did it passed away.He stated that it only had around 100 hours since then but this is not in the log books. The engine is good and tight with great compressions,it does have one minor oil leak around one of the rocker box covers but that is the only one I can find at this time. I have only put about 2 hours on the engine since we got it and it has set pickled for the past 4 years in a climate controlled building so it could be subject to more leaks later on....or maybe not.
I am willing to trade all of this for enough parts to convert to a continental and I already have an engine and prop of my own. All I need is a good complete cowling,and good exhaust system(prefer SS),an engine mount,and an air intake box. Since I am offering to trade quite a bit more then I will be receiving then I must say that these parts need to be complete and in good to great condition. I might settle for simply servicable parts if you have an old A65 core or a good metal McCauley 74/45 prop to throw in on the trade but otherwise it will take all the parts on my list(so I don't have to keep looking for anything else) and they must be in nice or above average condition.
Thank you,
Kevin Mays

Latest posts

Back