• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

The real story of The Tuskekee Airmen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennj3

Reaction score
The movies are great entertainment and I love the planes.
Earlier this year a surgeon at my hospital told me his father who was in WW ll told him the Tuskegee airmen never made a rendezvous with the B-17s heading to Germany. I found this statement astonishing.
Later I spoke with a retired airforce pilot that (81yrs old now) who had friends that flew the B-17 in WW ll. I asked him this question and he did not seem surprised at all. He said think about it. These guys had little time to learn to fly and navigate, was then sent over seas to fly these planes and fight a war. They never acquired the time to lean navigation well enough to now how to meet up with those B-17s in route to Germany.
I thought this would be a good place to question this. Factual or propaganda, or some place in between?
I am sure those pilots and or their families kept the log books which would have their flight time and in which plane and possibly their shot down aircraft #'s.

Again I am not trying to defray the significance of what these guys did in a time that was so racially segregated. But I am one that likes the real story, not one made up by the media or government as a form of propaganda.

Thanks for your all opinions/facts ahead of time,
Glenn G

Latest posts

Back