• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

The bad news is in on my fuselage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
My AI has done his final inspection of my bead blasted fuselage. Between years of poor repairs, neglect and other problems over the last 60 years, it is pretty clear there would be hundreds of hours of undoing poor work, fixing some cracks, and replacing pitted tubeing. He suggested I look seriously at finding another fuselage or getting a new one. My fuselage is obviously a combination of a couple of fuselages...or more...along with some inventive reinforcing. The moral to this story is that painted fuselages can look realy pretty good, but until you are down to bare metal, one should assume nothing about what they are risking their lives to.

So, I'm looking for thoughts on:
A. Any good J3 fuselages out there??
B. Any one gone with the Wag Aero new fuselage and how did that work out?
C. Are there any real craftsmen out there who delight in bringing old fuselages with rust, cracks, and patches on patches back to life.
D. Any other input from the folks here.

Got great engine, great wings, gear, struts, tail feathers, just a crappy fuselage. Want to continue bringing one more J3 back to real life, so I'm going to keep at it. One way or another!

Latest posts

Back