• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

STROMBERG NA-S3A1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ov1guy

Reaction score

I bought a C-90 Cub in Michigan last summer. It came with this Stromberg on it, but I also received a M-S carb with it. I flew the Cub back to Seattle and then flew it locally through the winter with the Stromberg. My only complaint was that it idled a little high; about 800 rpm. So I had my mechanic put the M-S on it and it idles better. Before the mechanic removed the Stromberg, I took a video of the engine running with the cowling removed, showing my Stromberg in action, please contact me if you would like me to email you the video. The Cub is authorized for mogas, so I have to assume the Stromberg has the new floats and the SS needle, but I have not taken the body apart to verify. These photos of the carb are exactly as it was when removed. Part number is 380155 1. Another number stamped on the body is 35885. One fellow told me he thought that the upper and lower halves might not be the same models. It worked good on my C-90 for 12 years
Asking $350 obo.

DSCN0654.JPG

DSCN0655.JPG

DSCN0653.JPG

Latest posts

Back