• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Sticking float?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ak68w

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took off the other and at about 100 feet the engine studdered and quit, and then caught again climbed another 100’ or so at full power and the studdered and quit again and relight after another 10 seconds or so. I turned around and landed. Engine idled fine, and there was no contaminants when I sumped it. I pulled the screen Out of the carb and only a few drops of fuel came out. Pulled the plug on the bottom of the float bowl and captured the result on video:

Is this an appropriate amount of fuel? It seems like more should be coming out?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back