• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Steaming a Wood Prop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speeddemon651

Reaction score
I recently had a marble bookend fall off a shelf and hit a wood display prop I have my by office adding 3 new dents. After a week of thinking about, I decided to try to steam them out.

2 of 3 of the dents were quite deep and were very noticeable with jagged edges, the 3rd being much smaller. I faintly remembered something about being able to pull dents out of wood using steam and after a quick google search and 2 articles later, I was heating up my typical household iron up to try it.

Link below to one of the articles I found helpful: (my results were about 90% of the sample shown)
http://ewibe.com/this-awesome-way-of-getting-dents-out-of-wood-is-nothing-short-of-magic/

After about an hour of several passes of soaking water into each dent then steaming it back out, they are easily 90% better. They are defiantly noticeable but with a slight sanding and varnish, I would say almost undetectable.

I'll try to see if I can post before and after pictures in the next day or so.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back