• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Spark plugs and Eyebrows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 'new to me' J3 cub with C85 has original unshielded wires and spark plugs and I cannot receive or transmit on my handheld (and external antenna) due to engine noise. ( Many other possibilities I know but I have to start somewhere....) So I'm replacing my older unshielded wires and spark plugs on my C85.(only because I operate at a towered airport and they like to talk a lot....). Anyway, I am using REM40E plugs and new champion wire set. Everything fits together fine until I put the 'eyebrows' back on. There is plenty of clearance for the top front plugs but not for the rear plugs. They contact the eyebrow before even screwing on the wire caps. Any ideas? How has then been solved before? My initial thought is to cut a new hole in the eyebrow right above the back two plugs and run the wire thru that hole vs both wires thru original hole. Any thoughts or comments?
Thanks,
Dave

Latest posts

Back