• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

SOLD SOLD!!! MAULE TAILWHEEL # SFSA-1-4 & springs- reduced price!

hillcoflyer

Reaction score
thisTaill wheel SOLD SOLD! thanks for your interest. 6.5 x 2.5 solid soft-rubber tail wheel assembly AND springs are from our 2007 Legend Cub. We replaced them wiith a different and larger tail-wheel. $275.00 obo. contact: SOLD. thanks for your interest.

Marble%20Falls-20110408-00067[1].jpg

Chasbo

Reaction score
Is this still for sale? If so, I'm looking for a swivelling tailwheel to replace my stock J3 assembly. Would this be a simple swap or would it require additional parts?

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chasbo, it's a simple swap. If it is for a 1.5" spring, you'll need a 1.25" adapter.

What do you presently have on your J3? I might be interested in yours.

Chasbo

Reaction score
It's a 1 1/4" spring, so the Maule part should fit. The condition of my tailwheel is OK. The wheel pivot bushing is worn, but works fine. I'm looking for better ground handling, and the Maule assembly was recommended to me. However I plan to keep the original tailwheel (the plane was restored to stock condition, and I want to be able to put it back to original).

I'm also planning to install Grove brakes someday, as I have to taxi down a steep grade with dropoffs to get to my hangar, and I don't trust the stock brakes.

jimmy

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I ran the solid Maule tail wheel on my cub for a few hundred hours. I replaced my solid with the pneumatic 6.50 Tundra tailwheel also by Maule. I really like the new tire. Its a softer landing roll out. The solid tire transmits the rough terrain. jimmy

Latest posts