• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

smooth tread tires

Slot-Flyer

Reaction score
Do any of you Cub xperts know where I might obtain a pair of 8.00x6 smooth tread tires???
Desser says they re-cap the 8.00x4 tires with a smooth tread. but, don't have a mold for the 8.00x6.

Thanks in advance for any great ideas.

cubrath

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Desser does not have them I doubt you can buy them new. Did Goodyear make a 8 x 6 smoothie at one point?

David Johnson

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you a set cheap when I wear mine out. It might be a while, I'm flying off grass now.

Slot-Flyer

Reaction score
:p Hey David,

I now you're all heart. My strip is 60G 2653 x 100 nicely mowed grass as well. It'll take me a bit to wear out a set of tires if am able to find them. However, where I need go for Cub-Juice (FPK or TEW) the runways are the hard kind.

Thanks for the post, Pete

santana

Reaction score
Check out Wilkerson tire in Crewe, Va.
They will cap about any tire smooth.

Latest posts