• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

SLIDING WINDOW LOCK THUMB SCREW

clyde

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has the thumb screw that holds the sliding window.

huston marlowe

Reaction score
Check the speciality fastener drawers at a good hardware store..I got an exact replacement there....probably where Piper got the original.

doug

Reaction score
What does it look like? I don't know if I've ever seen an original one. DH

longwinglover

Reaction score
Here's the Piper drawing. I'm having trouble reducing a picture to something postable/

John Scott

21601 screw - window stop set.jpg

21601 screw - window stop set.jpg

doug

Reaction score
Is tht all there is to it? Mine right now is a screw that is put in form the back side with a large area washer on it. I folded a piece of metal over it to stop the window from cracking every time it was tightened. The original one looks like it will break the window without any pressure to hold up the window.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
This is what the one looks like that is on my 1940 J-3. It is not effective now, so I made a spring brass latch at the top of the window, which looks OK and old, and keeps the window up. When released, it will go about 3/4 of the way down with a little help. I never try to push it all the way down. Before the latch, I just used a little duct tape to keep it up.
Chuck Shaw

huston marlowe

Reaction score
At the hardware store I think they are called a "clamping knob" or something like that...

farm-tim

Reaction score
At the hardware store I think they are called a "clamping knob" or something like that...
NO.... they called it a "PMA clamping knob" and you have no idea where it came from. ;) ;)

huston marlowe

Reaction score
I stand corrected Tim, I also have the PMA Ford window crank handle trim handle.

Latest posts