• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Ski sign off question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello:
I just finished installing my skis on my plane. I made new SS cables (1/8"), made new bungie cords (1/2") that at I got from Stoddards. I installed new longer bolts in my landing gear due to the brackets needed. I followed AC 43.13-2B chapter 5 for installation guidance. I did use Federal 11A109 retaining washers to hold the skis on the axle. I weighed my skis and they weigh 14.5 pounds each, and my tires weigh 17 pounds.

My question is this...since these are federal A1500 skis and are on the TDC, can an A&P sign off the installation (I am not a certified mechanic, but have been working on my own planes for 16 years)? Also, it is my guess that the equipment list and weight an balance will also need to be updated. Is this all the paper work that will be involved for my to legally fly?

Thanks, Bob

20170103_152542.jpg

Latest posts

Back