• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Several Oil Leaks on C90 Engine Case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabr800

Reaction score
Not a deal breaker, but messier than I'd like!

Oil Leak on the bottom rear, and upper front, of my C90 Engine Case with an Excello Fuel Injection System, and about 300 hours since assembly, by unknown parties.
Small leaks, but they don't look nice, with the mostly white paint where they end up on the fuselage belly!

Perfect fix I'm being told, is split the case, and do "what's necessary" !

There is evidence that the previous owners, tried with some success, to seal up some other leaks on the top of the engine with some sort of sealant.
Any ideas about this, and What product might be best to use, for us to attempt a similar fix on these two leaks?

Thanks in advance.

jabr800

Latest posts

Back