• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Sensenich Ground Adjustable Prop Crack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheepspen

Reaction score
Hello Legend Owners...

I am new to the site and have had my 2008 Legend for about a year. Wanted to advise everyone out there running the Sensenich ground adjustable prop a heads-up to keep an eye out for blade cracks. The prop on my plane was very low time (well under 300hrs). After we bought it we noticed a hair line crack about midway down on the front side of one blade going horizontal from leading edge to trailing edge about 2 inches in length. A few of the local airport coffee drinkers and mechanics said don't worry about it, its just the paint cracking its not structural. This blade was painted in gel coat. But I kept getting that gut feeling that said get it checked out by Sensenich. Atleast it would give me peace of mind, not to mention I was teaching my 15 year old to fly in it. So I pulled it off and sent it to Sensenich and I am glade I did. A few weeks later they called me back after there engineer looked at it and said it was a bad blade and would be making me new blades. I had the new blades painted, not gel coated and so far the prop if performing great with no issues or cracks.

I hope this helps everyone running this props to always take a close look at your blades front and back for cracks. This was very hard to see at a glance but when looking closely it was obvious.

Regards,
Michael

Latest posts

Back