• Become a Subscribing Member today!

J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more.
    • J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.
    • You will also receive two J3-Cub decals!

Become a Subscribing Member and access J3-Cub.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Sensenich discontinued 76AK propeller line and 1 other

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnhefley

Reaction score
My Cub is slated for a C90 and Baumann 1500 upgrade.

Back in the Jan/Feb timeframe, I ordered a 76AK-40-2 from Univair. I wanted mine painted black with white tip stripes, but Univair neither offered the paint option, nor would they order it from Sensenich.

So I contacted Sensenich directly, and asked for the paint option on my Univair order. Denise at Sensenich nicely accomodated me.

In February, she advised me that my prop was in the next batch of four props to be manufactured, and that I’d receive my prop in a few weeks.

Within a day or two of that communication, she regretfully advised that an entire batch of their raw forgings recently had failed conformance inspection, and that new dies would be required to create conforming forgings. Sensenich management immediately chose to discontinue the AK76 (and one other model, the number of which I’ve forgotten) which also had nonconforming raw forgings. The decision was made due to the expense, and long payback of the investment in new dies.

I later managed to source a lightly used 76AK-39-2, which upon receipt, I took up to Aviation BL in Quebec for their “5 year inspection “ which is basically a strip, corrosion removal, dressing, conformance check, and repaint.

I was pretty dismayed at the Sensenich decision, as the 76AK is one of very few props applicable to our planes - particularly on floats.

Latest posts

Back