• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Sensenich 74FK-49 Wood

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is trying to help an elderly widow sell two wooden props. One has not been identified yet.

The other is a Sensenich 74FK-49 (probably off a C85 on a Cessna 120/140). Serial # is L-1191, which means it was manufactured sometime prior to October 1946. Sensenich decal is missing, but you can see where it was located.

I don't think it can be used on a J3 or PA-11, but the J4 type certificate does mention the 74FK-49.

I do not personally know the condition of the prop, but will put anyone who might be interested in touch.
JimC

NickTx

Reaction score
Jim,
You are telling me there's something you dont' know??

planemann

Reaction score
According to Sensenich, The "F" model props were designed for the Franklin engine.

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re the 'F', that's my understanding as well, but they are also certified for C85's on Cessna's, and there are more C85's out there than Franklins, so that is perhaps a better market for them. Keep in mind that I haven't seen this prop, and don't know it's condition.

Nick, I don't even know if the sun is going to come up in the east tomorrow.
JimC

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The second prop that I mentioned was an R. Hunt propeller (used to be Tarver, has been through several owners over the years).
TC802 is the Type Certificate number.
PC4 is the Production Certificate number.
There should be another number on the prop as well. It will be either 63L, 65A, 69A, 69F, or 69L.
The Type Certificate Data Sheet TC802 was last revised April 24, 2008. The FAA shows the TC as being either surrendered, revoked, or gone into the public domain (I don't know which).
R. Hunt Propeller Co.
6400 Tripp Road
China, MI 48054

It's value may be more historic than anything else, but does anyone know anything about these props? (I've looked at the Type Certificate, am looking for background information).