• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Scott Tailwheel bracket 1 1/4"

intheair2

Reaction score
Anyone have a tailwheel bracket for a Scott model # CST-12 they want to part with ? 1 1/4" leaf spring or is this wishful thinkin ?

Joe G

NE-1 8277-4
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have the tailwheel part you are looking for but I was wondering if you could post a larger picture of your plane. From what I see in the small picture with your post, I like the white.

JG

Joe G

NE-1 8277-4
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Now it appears to be light blue. Either way, I like it.

JG

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty. Why is the wrong N number painted on the side?

jimrice

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
How is that the wrong number?

intheair2

Reaction score
I don't have the tailwheel part you are looking for but I was wondering if you could post a larger picture of your plane. From what I see in the small picture with your post, I like the white.

JG
Kodac 9.JPG

Kodac 9.JPG

Kodac 9.JPG

jimrice

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That is very much like what my Cub looked like in 1969 when dad bought it. It is being restored in Cub Yellow (which is obviously very open to debate as to what is correct).

JimC also had a white Cub....maybe he confused your Cub with his. ::)

Joe G

NE-1 8277-4
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a tailwheel bracket for a Scott model # CST-12 they want to part with ? 1 1/4" leaf spring or is this wishful thinkin ?
Sooooo to get this thread back on track - does anyone have the part that intheair2 is seeking? ;)

JG

newcub

Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this the part that you want? 1 1/4 inside distance. I am helping a widow get a fair price for some of his aviation materials. He owned a J-3 for 50+ years.

Bracket.jpg

Bracket.jpg

Bracket.jpg

intheair2

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply..I do not think that part is what I need..Thanks anyway Rich