• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Salvage J3 at the AIG website N30451

jimrice

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Good night! According to the AIG website, "Pilot lost control on Landing & went off runway causing damages." I'd like to know what he hit. That poor fuselage is bent in many places.........but likely could still be repaired if the price is right to buy it.

JimR

behindpropellers

Reaction score
Good night! According to the AIG website, "Pilot lost control on Landing & went off runway causing damages." I'd like to know what he hit. That poor fuselage is bent in many places.........but likely could still be repaired if the price is right to buy it.

JimR
I think that the recovery crew often does more damage than the original incident.

Tim

cub junkie

Reaction score
I fixed one that was that bent AND rusted for a guy about ten years ago, he insisted on fixing it. Ended up with about 65% of what a new Univair would have cost. You watch, it will sell for stupid money.

farm-tim

Reaction score
You watch, it will sell for stupid money.
You have to bid to find out what it sold for.
I did bid on the Champ that was pointed out and I dont own it. It brought 20+ :eek:

J

Josh

...look at the numbers and bear decal, guy must have been drunk.
My thoughts exact.. LOL.....AIG must make a killing on these things.....rumor has it that Avemco wants to chop up the claims they get because they don't want people like us to rebuild them and wreck them again, anyone know for sure? Anyways thats what they said about the Stinson they towed out on a flatbed that I used to own FrigginThanks to hurricane Wilma. That Stinson was the cream of the crop.... :mad:

j3cub

Former Owner and Admin
Reaction score
Our J3 had similar "Bends" after the groundloop last year.

Will

gl2.jpg

gl2.jpg

Latest posts