• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Safety Wire on the front Cowling Clips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed the owner before me had the front Clips Safety wired. I guess over the years the hole is bigger than normal so the Clip can kind of swing freely? Theoretically the upper hoop of the clip if perpendicular to the cowling is in the path of the propeller? Seems like with a moving prop the prop wash would be enough to keep clip flash to cowling or should I re-safety wire it? This pic is my crappy safety wire job btw, the owner I bought from did a cleaner job. Maybe use a cotter pin instead?, or are both completely unnecessary

the more I think about it, I guess the solution is just smaller clips that cant pivot around the metal part

IMG_5691.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back