• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Restoration of a 1944 Piper L-4J

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

De rode ridder

Reaction score
I am starting this topic with a déjà vu. Wasn't it me who started a similar topic almost 2 years ago?
A lot of time has passed since and the good thing is that I learned a lot about this precious piece of aeronautical engineering.
I also learned a lot about myself and about life. I made a lot of friends and I am really glad that next to the L-4 / J-3 community in the US, we are making progress on a small growing community of L-4 / J-3 enthusiasts here in Europe too.
So in this particular case I have to express a lot of gratitude to all of you in this Forum and outside of it. It kept my L-4 spirit going even after I sold my previous project to the Malta Aviation Museum. The L-4H is in really good hands and they work with the skills and craftsmanship of the days when the L-4 saw its first light.

Somehow I was glad that the L-4 would stop being a ghost project that was hunting around but on the other hand sad that it was the end of my cub experience. So many L-4 's were made but finding a doable project for a guy like me was hard. There are some people around that have them laying somewhere in the back of a hangar but have different reasons to keep them there.

Not for Per and Martin who were so noble to save another L-4. Instead off parting it out for parts they were in desperate need off for there own L-4 restoration projects, they saw a chance for me to get back in the L-4 cub world and save another grasshopper. Thanks guys. I owe you a lot.

So here I am again. The L-4 saga continues. :)

ImageUploadedByJ3 Cub1406889654.076957.jpgImageUploadedByJ3 Cub1406889691.120562.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back