• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Reducing aileron torque tube fore/aft movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil0185

Reaction score
The aileron torque tube is prevented from moving fore and aft (when operating the elevators) by two collars welded onto the tube either side of the front clamp.

The Super Cub I'm working on has excessive fore/aft movement of the torque tube. The front clamp width is the same as the rear clamp so I am assuming it is the collars which have worn away.

Has anyone tried to grind off the welds which attach the collars and fit new ones? Or, I'd like to hear about any other methods which have successfully reduced the movement.

Many thanks!

Latest posts

Back