• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Received my record card today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

140pilot

Reaction score
Well I already had my Form 14 from the ill fated first ferry flight of 45-55209 and just got the IARC today. Wow! That little plane really got around after it was repaired. Basically it was crashed in WV after 4 hours flight time and taken to Bolling AAF in Washington DC for repairs. I will scan and post the card up but it finally ended up at Ft. Sill in Jan 1946 and some time in 47 was sent to San Marcos. It was transferred to training command in Nov 47 under " Proj-Sto 2031 amendment 19 dec 47 " Then it was reassigned from Training Command to Tactical Air Command on 30 June 48 under " Proj-Dom 2159" and in July 48 it was reassigned under TAC to the 1st Fighter Wing, 7th Lia. Squadron at March Field in Calif. It was reassigned from TAC to CNC ( not sure what that is but still under the same squadron ) on 6 Dec 48 and the last record is dated 3/28/49 which is when the squadron was listed as disbanded.

Thats where the entries end. My record picks up with the plane going to the CAP in Maryland in Feb 1952 with 1064 hours on it. I wonder what happened to it between 49 and 52...probably never know.

Anyone ever here of the 7th Lia. squadron out of March Field ? Looks like it was only active with the 1st FW from 47 to 3/49. Pretty cool how things work out. The 1st FW is now based out of Langley only 30 miles from where the L 4 is hangared. Big difference between the L 4 and the F 22!

Latest posts

Back