• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Rear cub brakes

Reaction score
Is there any mods legal or other wise to extend the rear brake peddles . Mypeddles seem to be buried under the front seat witch is ok in the summer with light shoe’s but with Winter boots it’s impossible to get a heel on them .

huston marlowe

Reaction score
If your fuselage is a true L4 model, the brake masters were originally mounted more outboard. Your fuselage may still have the channels under the floor to move the masters out there. Maybe you can get a look with a mirror through an existing access hole in the belly fabric.

huston marlowe

Reaction score
My current J3 was built in 1945 so has the outboard masters. I like that location now. Used to have the inboard ones on last Cub.

bob turner

Reaction score
I think all 1946 fuselages have mountings for "outies." I absolutely hate them, since all my time in Cubs is with "innies." Note that the front seat is "innie" on all Cubs.

huston marlowe

Reaction score
My mid year 46 only had structure for mounting inboard masters. Very early 46 had outboard. Don't know the serial when that change was made. Might be in the Piper SB or SL for moving them inboard. SB 88 says serial 16687 was the first with inboard location

Last edited:

Latest posts