• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Proud New J3 Cub Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDeltaFox

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Darcy and i've just purchased a '46 J3 Cub with a c-75 on it as a restoration project. I'm overwhelmed with the information on these forums and i'm sure i'll end up spending hundreds of hours reading all the posts. For the those wanting a little more info on my project... I'm living in north British Columbia Canada and ended up finding this project in the antiques section of a local classifieds. I think it may have been listed in the wrong area and the person selling it was not an aviation minded person. Lets just say i got it for little more than a song and dance. And i'm not much of dancer if you ask my wife. :D The little cub (according to the logs) has 1720 hours on the airframe. A previous owner had landed a little fast and after shutting down the engine ran over a fence post and bent the cowling and a bunch of tubing along the bottom back half of the fuselage. Not the end of the world as i'll have to replace much of the tubing there because of corrosion. Looks like it ground looped after that and smacked the one wing tip bow. According to the logs (which we all know may not be too accurate) the incident must have happened in the early 80's cause thats when they stop. I'll see if i can post some pictures of it.
I also want to thank everyone on here ahead of time cause i'm sure i'll chat your ears off with questions.

Darcy

Bringing Cubby home.JPG

GHAU Wings.JPG

Bringing Cubby home.JPG

GHAU Wings.JPG

Latest posts

Back