• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Prop question for new C90

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a3holerman

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a bit of a problem. Have a 46 Cub with 65 currently on it. My A/I and I are in the process of overhauling a C90-8 to install on it. When I bought the Cub it came with a Sensenich wood prop. My A/I took one look at the prop and thought I should send it to Sensenich for a look see and a reconditioning. Well, Sensenich red tagged the prop due to hub delamination. Looked around and found what I thought was going to work. It was a new McCauley CM7443. It was approved for the J3C65. Have been using it since last Fall and it has worked out fine. McCauley approves the use of this prop on a C90 at a length no longer than 73". Than can be taken care of with a quick trip to New England Propeller was my thinking. The problem is that it is not specifically approved for the J3C. I thought I had read that the Sensenich metal 74" prop was approved for the C90 powered Cub but in looking at their website it only lists the C90 powered PA-11 as being approved for.

Soooo what are C90 powered cubs using for a prop? Most all of you here have much more experience that I with Cubs so I am asking for suggestions. I do have an A/I willing to help but I have to do my homework.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help.

Tom
Cape Cod

Latest posts

Back