• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

project wanted

jb57tub

Reaction score
Looking for a J3,J5,PA-12, low HP PA18 project. Cheep is good. Hopefully as complete as possible. It will be a long term project, (have a flying C170B, so I 'm not grounded). Would consider taking over partially completed exp Cub project. Jon S. Blocker [email protected]

Yogi

Reaction score
"Parting out J3 New Project, all parts new from Covered new wings covered new fuslage surfaces and engine 0 time. Cannot deliver. Live in Delaware so come look. 302-236-9343 Will sell in parts or complete. The complete project only needs sitching painting and put together."

It's all here for a top notch Cub when completed. My guess is the price will be fair, but not cheap. Quality and cheap don't seem to go well together - especially in airplanes. :)

jb57tub

Reaction score
So shoot a price. Saw it advertised, but need a starting point. Cheap in aircraft terms is subjective. I've owned 11 "cheap" airplanes, but thats not my wifes analogy! :) Jon

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
Jon, why not call the man in Delaware?
He has been advertising a lot of stuff over the last few months.
Another one on TAP, which you probably know about. Price seems high but what do I know.
1946 Warren OH $25,000
1946 PIPER J-3 PROJECT. Approx. 35% complete. Metal spars w/Cont 65 HP engine, chrome cylinders, 0 time. Wood prop. $25,000. Ask for Curt, OH/(330) 565-8000. (330) 565-8000

Chuck Shaw

jb57tub

Reaction score
Thanks Chuck. At the time I'm at my office, and for some odd reason the city doesn't want me making long distance calls on their phone. :) Just thought if he would get a price out there, it might help others that might be interested., but I'll call him when I get home. Had a friend that passed away a couple of years ago, who used to go to the factory and pick up a Cub and fly it back to Texas. He payed $999 out the door for them.

Yogi

Reaction score
"Parting out J3 New Project, all parts new from Covered new wings covered new fuslage surfaces and engine 0 time. Cannot deliver. Live in Delaware so come look. 302-236-9343 Will sell in parts or complete. The complete project only needs sitching painting and put together."

It's all here for a top notch Cub when completed. My guess is the price will be fair, but not cheap. Quality and cheap don't seem to go well together - especially in airplanes. :)
Hi Jon, I was just forwarding NC1776's ad from a couple of days earlier. I know his work, so I quoted his ad for you by which I meant to be helpful. As Chuck suggested, the best thing to do is just call Dave. Dave rebuilt both the Cubs in my family and they are top quality, long lasting restorations. I'm not good at prices on things - the ancient mariner I am, so I'm no help with that end of things. Dave was always fair and honest with me. Cheers, Les.

longwinglover

Reaction score
Looking for a J3,J5,PA-12, low HP PA18 project. Cheep is good. This will NOT be cheap. This has the makings for an Oshkosh winner as it has all the appropriate and S/N matching parts i.e. wings fuselage and engine. Hopefully as complete as possible. This project will be 100% complete. It will be a long term project, (have a flying C170B, so I 'm not grounded). Would consider taking over partially completed exp Cub project. Jon S. Blocker [email protected]
If you just want to "slap together" a cheap Cub, this is not what you are looking for. If you have ideas of rebuilding a show winning Cub, this is a great place to start. Lots of potential in this project for that. The seller previously rebuilt over 15 show winning Cubs (J3's and L4's). He kept this one for himself, but has now decided to sell.

John Scott

John Scott

jb57tub

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I'm not looking for a plane I can't fly off field. It sounds like this one would not be what I am looking for. I admire someone that will take something and make it special. There is nothing nicer than a restored Cub. I want something that would be a little more utilitarian. I had one about 8 years ago and should never had let it go, but then the PA12s I had were also a delight to fly. I'll continue to search and hope to find a good project. Again thanks for the replys. Jon