• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Pilotage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acinc12

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I wrong?

I was in the landing pattern at our regional airport today and intended on landing on the grass. On my base leg I said that I was landing on the grass on 21 and was entering onto the runway to taxi to the nearest off ramp. Our airport manager recently gave the OK to land on the grass and said he would keep it mowed. I could not exit unto the adjacent taxi way because of an adjacent gully and could not exit onto the taxi off ramp as the exit was about 3 feet higher than the landing area. I was getting back onto the runway within about 10 to 15 of landing and the pilot in the airplane landing behind me said "Cub what are you doing"? I said "I am reentering the runway to taxi to the off ramp. He said "you cannot do that". I said "It is a permissible landing area". He said "You relinquished the runway when you landed on the grass". I said "I announced my intention of landing on the grass and reentering unto the runway to taxi to the runway exit". As I was getting back onto the runway he flew past at about 50 ft. . He must have been very close to me on final. Not sure who was wrong, but he ruined a perfectly great flying day for me.

Latest posts

Back