• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Phoenix-based and new to J3 Cubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZSteve

Reaction score
I'm a 200 hr pilot, based at DVT Deer Valley, and have grown interested in a J3 Cub. I've looked around at what's for sale, but need to learn more before I buy. I've got some questions, hoping some folks here on the forum may share their thoughts.

- I've looked into typical useful load numbers for a J3 and it looks like my 210 lbs and full fuel will leave me approximately 200 lbs for another passenger. I know this all depends on the J3's empty weight, but please let me know if I'm way off base here.

- Are there any Phoenix-based J3 owners here on the forum who would be up for a visit? I would like to see their J3 up close and ask a lot of questions.

- When I purchase, I'll want to do a pre-buy inspection. Any thoughts around that? I'm hopeful that I'll be able to find an A&P/AI in the area where the airplane is located.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back