• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Pear blossoms and Brooks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
Beautiful day for a flight in the Shenandoah Valley near the small town of Toms Brook, Virginia, to look for John's (who visits this site) cousin's house, and see what else is around.

Found the house, and sent him some pictures of the grounds and new shop/home at the far end of the fields.

Toms Brook actually flows through the front of the cousin's property, and flows towards the town of the same name and into the North Fork of the Shenandoah River.

Just outside of the rural town, I came upon this new development, where they got carried away with planting ornamental Pear Trees. Don't know why this struck me as funny, except it is all farm and rolling land and horses and cows except this place.

Made a landing at Danny's beautiful grass strip west of Woodstock. That's his hangar, made to look like a barn. He has owned various Cubs, and I looked at one he had for sale before I got mine. This is the first grass strip I have have flown my J3 into. Danny wasn't around, so off I went for Front Royal. Nice low day, with lots of sights!
Chuck Shaw

3589cousinHouse.jpg

3605TomsBrookRapids.jpg

3632PearsTomsBrook.jpg

3618DannysStrip.jpg

Latest posts

Back