• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Old pictures of two cubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennj3

Reaction score
Again I can not down load pictures, too large of file. Not right.
Anyhow, I found two cub pictures with my father, one in the 1940's in Tulsa OK. It has a sharks teeth/mouth with drops dripping back and tongue hanging out, wooden prop # NC 3499 K, revoked AC. But it has some things I have never seen and can only attempt to describe.
Seems to be a wooden folding chair between the landing gear, folded and strapped to the gear. Then it has a metal shaped like a triangle, attached inside at the upper right hand side someplace behind the upper part of the windshield, comes out at a point about half way to the first front wing strut bracing, then goes back to the front upper attach point of the landing gear to the fuselage. The door is closed with the window open. At the fartherest point near the wing bracing there is about a 3 inch tube facing strait down toward the ground. Dad is standing in front of the thing.
The other picture is his duster # N4619, revoked also but a nice photo of it beside his dodge truck.
Love to send it to anyone that would re-post them.

Glenn G

Latest posts

Back