• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Old and new C 90 cylinders

Renkou1

Reaction score
Had 6 new Superior cylinders left over from Cessna 170B project. Looks like the fellow who bought the ac isnt able to come up with futher money to buy the cylinders. At this time I'm thinking of using 4 of the 6 new Superior cylinders on the C 90 that I'm building for my J3. That will leave 2 extra new cylinders to peddle. Pistons, pins, rings, gaskets included.
Also, the old Continental cylinders mic standard everywhere -- they are 15 over and have 15 over pistons with less than 800 hours. Serviceable. These should be good for a few hundred hours before needing work. These cylinders will fit C 85, C90, O 200, C 145, 0 300 engines. The 85 takes different pistons....I think.
Cash or a propeller for the C 90-8 on the J3 is what I'm looking for.

Renkou1

Reaction score
Prices? Let's see if anyone wants any.
New...I would like $650. Used 4 they would be about $200 shipped. Each.
Someone wants them with new springs and locks I can do that if they send the springs.
And specify what series engine so I can put in the correct 2 springs or correct 3 valve springs.
I will check the rocker bosses per the AD on the used cylinders if someone is serious.

turbofan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need 4 C90 cylinders...are they brand new or overhauled new? So you want 695 for the two? thanks Tom

Renkou1

Reaction score

Sorry I have 2 extra new superior cylinders.
With pistons, pins, rocker shaft, valve cover, gaskets....
$650 each.
Also have 4 @ 748 hour since overhaul 15 over Continental cylinders....pins, pistons.....
Askin $ 200 each. About 1700 tt.

Renkou1

Reaction score
The 2 extra new Superior cylinders are gone. Anyone needing C 85, C90, O 200,... cylinders (NEW) can buy as many as you want from Airpower 877 278 2210 for about $750. Shipping is free. Several other places....check display adds in Trade a Plane ... are about the same.
My 4 used C 90 cylinders are as removed. If I didn't have new cylinders I would put new springs and rings in the used ones and put them back on for a few years / 200 hours or so.
If anyone wants any of these I will dye check the rocker bosses first per the AD.
R

Latest posts