• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

OKay, Where is the Pre- Oct. 1, 1955 Approved Data in Black & White?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3Cubs

Reaction score
I see this has been a can of worms, with those little suckers going everywhere. Thanks to all that have put their mark on the differences between TCDS A-691 (J3C), A-692 (J3F), and A-698 (J3L). It is my opinion that to eliminate all these headaches is to have an STC that covers all the engines eligible under the A-691 also apply to the other two. The present FAA environment seems only to work under STC without the person doing the "modification" getting a strange look.

My immediate case of getting a A-75-8 and Sensenich W70DK40 "approved" on a J3F requires me to go the pre- Oct. 1, 1955 ACA-337 Form as approved data. I now have one in hand.

The Inspector's Handbook Order 8300 use to have this in black and white, that it is considered "approved" data. The Inspector Authorization exam has/had this as a test question. The Order 8300 has been rescinded and is now Order 8900.

Any knowledge on where this info is still in the books?

Todd Houdek, A&P/IA

Latest posts

Back