• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Oil Temp in the Winter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tgarcia

Reaction score
Another question for you guys.

This is my first winter having my cub and I have a few questions about the oil temp.

I know that the combustion process creates moisture. I was told that the oil temp needs to reach 150-180 degrees to evaporate the moisture from the oil. My oil temp isn't getting over about 100 degrees in the cold weather.

I have the small hole in the cowling below the prop covered. I have the Oil tank and induction tubes covered.

I was told that some people are somehow blocking air from entering the eyebrow. I'm not sure how they are doing this.

Any recommendations to get my oil temp up?

Latest posts

Back