• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Oil Splatters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stearmann4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cub Pilots,

Here' the latest installment in trying to make myself smart (quickly) on continental engines and antique airplanes.

My A65 streaks a slight amount of oil on the windshield and down the left side of the cockpit whenever I fly. They're light splatters, but after two or three hours accumulate to where I have to clean all the plexiglass. It's not really an "oil-loss", but if you guys can make me smart, I'd appreciate it. I understand the physics as to why it's on the left side only, but is it normal? Makes me appreciate why the barnstormers wore goggles and scarfs.

Mike-

J-3C N9914H
Olympia, WA

Latest posts

Back