• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Oil filter conversions for an A-75?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveR

Reaction score
I was reading about filters last night in the latest AOPA mag. Basically they were saying that filters work a lot better than screens (makes sense to me). My engine has a screen in it, my first oil change is coming up fast, what do you guys recommend? Should I stick a filter in? I agree that better filtration has to be better for the engine.

From what I've seen, the conversion kits are pretty pricey, in the $400 range. Seems like a lot to me for essentially a few fittings. Are there and quality kits out there that aren't so pricey? My engine is a Continental A-75.

Also, is it uncommon to place a magnet on the "in" side of the oil screen? It just seems like some extra cheap insurance to me. It also seems like a better way to guage how much metal your engine is making between oil changes, and stop all that stuff from circulating. I've got some small rare-earth magnets that are very strong, but I'm not sure exactly how I would place them in the screen and keep them them from moving.

Latest posts

Back