• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

North West super Cub fly-in at Snohomish WA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couleeone

Reaction score
I went to my very first fly-in hosted by North West Super Cub org. It was at Cascade Park, a private grass strip short distance from Snohomish Washington. You could see the Cascades and it was a very pleasant mid 70s.

There were many cubs from J3s to supercubs, along with a some tri-pacers and Cessnas, around 40 planes parked . Cubcrafters was well represented, with the Carbon Cub and Bob Savage's Sport Cub.( His delivery day).

On the STOL takeoff competition the carbon cub blew everyone away with extreme short takeoff and then elevator nearly straight up! A NASA takeoff!

Clay Hammond, CC's national director of sales, wowed the crowd with a 134' takeoff in a sport cub!!!

There was several others that preformed really well, there was a square tail Cessna 172 with STOL takeoff and landings, right in there with the super cubs.

It was cool to see things like 3 cubs at a time in the downwind and landing one right behind the other, flybys down the runway at 25-30 feet, both slow and fast.

Get this, the Snoqualmie tribe was serving planked salmon for dinner tonight!

I have some great mpeg videos of the STOL takeoffs, may need to post them somewhere so you see them.

carbon cub 2.JPG

sport cub NWSC flyin.JPG

NWSC cubs on the line.JPG

cubs on the line.JPG

carbon cub 2.JPG

sport cub NWSC flyin.JPG

NWSC cubs on the line.JPG

cubs on the line.JPG

Latest posts

Back