• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Noise in noise cancelling headset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynlow

Reaction score
I'd like to know what combination of radios and intercoms everyone is using. Do you get radiant noise? I recently purchased a lightspeed noise cancelling headset and get more radiant noise when I turn on the noise cancelling feature. It cancels wind noise and even some engine noise, but I get a bit of a poping sound that I do not get at idle or low RPMs. I use a handheld radio and a portable intercom. They work fine in the passive mode, but I'd love to be able to use the active mode. Since I do not have an electrical system, it must be narrowed down to the mags and or the plug wires. I am not certain if my plug wires are shielded or not. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to eliminate this noise? Is there a filter I can put on my mags?
Any suggestions are appreciated!

Latest posts

Back