• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Nice J3 wanted

acroeric

Reaction score
I am looking for a really nice J3 to purchase. C-85 or C-90 preferred. Cash buyer, no financing hassles to deal with. Must have fairly recent fabric. Southeast US preferred.

Blue Skies!
Eric Minnis
Bully Field (22NR)
Burlington, NC
[email protected]
336-263-8558

partyofone

Reaction score
Eric,

I promise not to tell the tcraft guys that you are going to the dark side.

Erik

NickTx

Reaction score
What made you leave tcraft for a cub? Just curious....and proud of you ;)

acroeric

Reaction score
I love them both and have alot more time in the Taylorcraft than Cubs. Most of my Cub time is in a PA-18,Top Cub, and clipwing Cuby. I have an airstrip on my farm that is a whopping 800' long with poor approaches, uphill, uneven etc. I kept a C-85 powered Taylorcraft there for a long time but the Cub just does the short stuff better. In addition, I have 3 kids and am hopefull that at least one will want to learn to fly. The Cub does that better too.

I also have a Pitts and feel that there is not a better mix of planes to have unless I could add a 3rd and get a Cessna 180. Ok- now I am dreaming!

Eric

whifferdill

Reaction score
I also have a Pitts and feel that there is not a better mix of planes to have...
Eric - Sounds strangely familiar. ;D You just couldn't get over the sight of the Pitts and Cub together in my hangar could ya? ;D

Eric

David Johnson

Premium Member
Reaction score
Eric
There is a nice stroker in the hanger behind yours. It is out of annual. If he can't find someone to do the annual, it might sell cheap.

Clay Hammond

Reaction score
Eric,

My dad bought that C-85 off of you, I picked it up in a Bonanza. Call me about airplane/engines.

404-406-0706

acroeric

Reaction score
Wow- seems I can't get away from the characters from around here!

Eric- yes the sight of a Cub and a Pitts together is similar to peanut butter and jelly, it just works and covers about any flying mood a guy could be in. You forgot to mention the One Design that is also in your hangar. Sick. . . . . just sick. Everyone knows aerobatic planes have 2 wings. You gonna be at the EAA Chapter party on Saturday? I'll be there.

Dave- yes, there is an old rag next to me but the owner is really strange and the things he has likely done behind hangar doors to that poor bird would haunt me forever. He met a girl in DC and has been spending all his time up there "working". Haven't seen him in months. This annual, I'm just praying we do not find 3 more cracked spars.

Clay- I remember it and you guys well. . . . . I'll call you once the rooster crows. Hope all is well with it and your family is doing good. I need to chat about a 2008 Top Cub a friend has here I've benn taking care of.