• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

New type of Photo gallery program test

j3cub

Former Owner and Admin
Reaction score
This site is really 3 different pieces of software all running separately, but communicating through "Bridges"

CMS = Content Managment System called Joomla
SMF = Simple Machines Forum
Gallery2 = Photo Gallery

The Current Photo Gallery is very pleasing to look at, but has a few drawbacks. It is difficult to integrate into the rest of the site and there is no way to link directly from the forum

I am testing a new SMF Gallery Pro that IS tightly integrated into the forum and you will see an access link at the top of the "Forum" page. You will also see a link directly in the profile of every post you make. Look for "View Gallery"

This forum is not as "Pretty" as the Gallery2 but may provide us with much better userablity.

The new program does introduce a new term called "Category" which really mean "Album" When you first access "YOUR" gallery you must create a "Category/Album" and then you can place pictures.

I will be working on a video tutorial because there is really no manual on using the SMF gallery, but it does look fairly easy.

Give it a try and tell me what you think. If we like it we will keep it, if not, I will work on making Gallery2 work better.

Pros:
Tight integration with the forum
link from your post to your gallery

Cons:
Not as good looking as I would like

Latest posts