• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
It would appear from my old J3 Cub Parts manual that only two short stringers are called out, each about halfway up the fuselage. Most of the Cub pictures I see have two stringers on each side of the fuselage.

It would seem that a more original cub would have only the one stringer on each side of the fuselage.

I've bought enough of the short stringers to put one on each side, and one along the bottom to act as a "keel" stringer to give moisture a place to go.

I'm using the Univair aluminum stringers

Any thoughts, ideas, opinions. The Cub Club folks think the one on each side is most correct.

My Cub is a 1946 serial number 20890.

Latest posts

Back